Gifts of all sizes can contribute to our continued growth and vitality:
* $1,000 pays for the flowers and herbs in Courtyard.
* $500 purchases needed equipment for the Gardeners.
* $250 provides one week of fertilizer and seeds for the Gardens.
* $200 covers the cost of one week’s utilities.
* $100 could replace a weather damaged tree.
* $75 could cover the cost for students to attend a workshop in the Gardens.
And when gifts assist with these ongoing needs, we can continue to provide educational programs for more than 2,000 children each year, conduct research, and cultivate collections of plants specially selected to thrive in the Outer Banks region.
Ways of Giving
Cash – Gifts of cash or by check are the popular giving methods. All gifts to the Annual Fund qualify for tax deductions.
Gifts of Stock – The IRS allows you one of its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities. Call The Gardens for details.
Retirement Assets- Donate to the Gardens with a tax-free distribution from your IRA. The Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008 (through 2009) allows individuals aged 70 1/2 and older to donate up to $100,000 from their IRAs and Roth IRAs to public charities without having to count the distributions as taxable income. Please consult with your attorney or other financial advisor to evaluate the applicability to your unique tax and financial circumstances.
Gifts may be made by mail or telephone 252-473-3761 or by donating online.
Thanks for your generous support.