Easter Eggstravaganza 2017
Egg spoon races, hat contest, musical acts, dancers, special visit from Sir Walter “Peter” Wabbit, make and take crafts, egg roll race, find special prize eggs to win: prizes, gift certificates, stuffed animals and more!
Hop on over to attend our
“Please bring your own Easter Basket for collecting eggs and prizes.”
This event has become an Outer Banks spring tradition held in the midst of the beautiful spring blooms featuring an egg scavenger hunt, photo opportunities, a homemade bake sale, egg roll on the Great Lawn, story time, educational crafts, games, music, an Easter bonnet and hat contest, and more kid-geared fun.
“The Gardens will open at 10am on this day for the Eggstravaganza.”
Easter Bonnet Contest (11:30am)
Prize #1 Most Fashionable Hat
Prize #2 Most Creative Hat
Prize #3 Most Colorful Hat
Members/Friends: Free. Non- Members: With a paying adult one child will be admitted free; One Child (under 5) admitted free with each paying adult. For info or details, call 252-473-3234. Read below to see what may be planned for #EE2017
So hoppy to thank Pirates and Pixies; Mollie A. Fearing Insurance Associates; Ramblin’ Root Kombucha; Frank and Linda Davenport; Courtney Quillin; Gail Reynolds; John Buford and Carl Curnutte for joining as sponsors.
His Generation (photo booth and props)
Pirates and Pixies
Ocean Sands K-9 Resort
Outer Banks SPCA
Elizabethan Gardens Greenhouse
Elizabethan Gardens Gardeners
Bella’s Delights (Food Truck)
LuLaRoe- Caitlin Driver
LuLaRoe- Nikki Farrenkopf
LuLaRoe- Stephanie Surber
Dare County Master Gardeners – with Greenline Info
Island Snowball Company
OBX Sunset Slush
Dare Education Foundation
Outer Banks Visitors Bureau & a Special Rabbit Friend
OBX Slow Rise Bread Company
The Girl Scouts of America – Selling Girl Scout cookies
2017 EGGSTRAVAGANZA TIMELINE
- 10:00 a.m. Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt Begins
- 10:30 a.m. Fiddle and Violin Time with Club Violin- on the Main Stage of the Great Lawn of the Gardens
- 11:00 a.m. Storytime with Mother Goose –on the Main Stage of the Great Lawn of the Gardens
- 11:30 p.m. Bonnet Contest/ Judging on the Main Stage- Best Booth – announcement on the Main Stage of the Great Lawn of the Gardens.
- 11:30 a.m. Egg Races- on the Great Lawn of the Gardens.
- 11:45 a.m. Musical Chair- Cupcake Walk- Grand – on the Great Lawn of the Gardens
- 12:00 p.m. Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt Ends- Thanks for helping us crack all those eggs! Coloring Contest Winners are Announced- on the Main Stage of the Great Lawn of the Gardens
- 1:00 p.m. Vendors and Concession Close- Have a fabulous Easter
2017 OUTER BANKS BUSINESSES
Come join the fun and have a chance to expose your business or non-profits to families on the Outer Banks.
The Gardens is looking for business and non-profits that would like to connect with the public. Come decorate a table in the Easter theme and share your message with over 1,000 guests. We will supply thousands of Easter eggs for the businesses to give out for an egg scavenger hunt. Compete to win a free rental of The Elizabethan Gardens good for up to a year. Prize goes to the winner of the best Easter decorated table
Download form here: Easter Eggstravaganza Vendor Info Form 2017